Have you been so unfortunate and received a little white slip, stuck under your windshield, also known as a parking ticket in Marbella?
Well that is annoying, but in Marbella it is so, that if you pay the parking tickets before it is send to the address where the car is registered at, it will be reduced with 50% from the original 50€ to 25€. Now that is good news!
Only thing is, that it’s a bit of a long process, so get it done early in the morning and follow these steps. Each link contains a picture that links to the explanation:
- Take the slip to Avenida Ricardo Soriano 68. On the corner of the building you will see big blue signs with white writing where it says “Diputación de Málaga – Patronato de Recadacion”. There is parking outside the building, if you can not find any free spots, you can park at the underground parking at the supermarket Mercadona, which is just next door (almost)
- In August 2016 the opening hours were like this: 09.00 am to 13.30pm. (If you find that they have changed, please let me know, by sending an update to firstname.lastname@example.org) Come early as the queue can get quite long during the daytime.
- When you get inside, you have to get a number from the number machine on the left hand of the entrance. Choose the second option from the top, which is “Atención Integral”
- When it is your turn, you will get 2 pieces of papers, which you then need to take to the bank, to pay. And it can not be any bank, there is a list of banks on the papers, which you can choose from. On the 2 pieces of paper you can now see, that your ticket have been reduced to 25€ – however you still have to pay this in the bank within 4 days, or it will be invalid and you will be back to the 50€.
- If you go to the BBVA Bank, you can pay the ticket directly in the ATM machine by the entrance. There is a BBVA Bank on Plaza de Africa, in the Old Town (easy walking access) You can of course also use one of the other banks listed on the papers, however please note that some of the banks have quirky rules for when you can pay (between this and this hour or only on tuesdays etc.)
If you find any of this above information to be outdated or incorrect, feel free to send me a quick email on email@example.com, so I can update it asap. (Updated on May 2rd 2018)